- Simply lease your required device for the duration of your trip/event/project, minimising unnecessary additional costs
- No minimum call spend or top-ups
- Post-paid option for added convenience
- Flexibility of terms
- Speed of delivery
- Solutions can be tailored around your organisational needs
The solution provides the latest equipment with cost effective tariffs to ensure your organisation retains the ability to communicate effectively. We also ensure, whilst Rentals from O2 is flexible and cost effective, the quality of our service provision remains reassuringly high.
Example scenarios where this solution has already effectively delivered value to public sector customers include:
- Where the customer requires ‘consolidated billing’ – organisations with a split mobile base utilising more than one network service provider, have benefitted from consolidation of their services and billing to a single service provider.
- Coverage infill solution – deployed to address specific employee needs who may be struggling to receive reliable network coverage due to topographic/location based constraints with their existing mobile service provider, in order to benefit from the extensive O2 network on a short or long term basis.
- Short term projects – where a project you’re delivering may require specific device types in the testing phase (e.g. with particular app requirements), devices can be leased on a short term basis as opposed to having to invest CAPEX into new hardware.
- Roaming solution – to address the needs of employees working overseas, on both a short and long term basis through data only connection, EU roaming/world roaming/single country solutions; satellite phones or even global tracking app solutions.
Wherever they are working, O2 enables Cambridge City Council to keep in touch with its staff
Cambridge City Council serves a population of 122,800 in the City of Cambridge which is a hub of high-technology research & development and manufacturing. The city also includes a leading teaching hospital, local government offices and central government departments and is a major seat of learning.
Cambridge City Council had chosen its previous mobile provider through competitive tender two years ago, but complaints from staff began to mount as people found they were unable to use their phones when they needed them. Tony Allen says “It’s critical that people can make and receive calls wherever they are. The housing repairs people in particular said it was affecting their work on a daily basis. And it becomes a health and safety issue with lone workers.”
He decided to conduct a technical evaluation to identify which mobile network had the best coverage to suit the council’s needs. He took phones from three mobile networks and tested them in every location where Cambridge City Council needs to work: all over Cambridge and housing schemes across South Cambridgeshire. He found that “O2 provided the most complete service across all the locations we tested. It was the only one that worked everywhere.”
Decision made, Tony Allen found that “The porting to O2 was professionally handled. O2 had someone on hand to unlock old handsets, as well as transferring contacts and talking users through the process for those receiving new ones”.
Cambridge City Council has made considerable savings by moving to O2. Tony Allen says “Costs dropped by a third when we moved networks the first time two years ago, and by another third when we moved to O2. We’ve been able to take advantage of keen pricing under the framework contract yet the service is better. That amount of savings is really significant. It means we can provide more services to the community, which is what we’re here for.”
“Since we’ve moved to O2 I don’t get complaints, life has become a lot quieter on the mobile phone front. People are even sorting out their own bills using O2 billing manager, which is better for everyone.”
For more pricing information on Rentals from O2, contact your Account Manager or call us on 0800 955 5590.