O2 Motion cloud services
O2 Motion cloud services provides analytical and geographical representation of where our UK citizens go and when. It gives timely access to real trends in your focus area by analysing and extrapolating anonymised information from 26 million O2 customers to best represent the national population, and provides the most compelling alternative to the more traditional data capture methods.
- All our big data information is aggregated and anonymised
- Our data insights provide a positive and strong alternative to standard data capture methods
- A variety of user-friendly presentations, such as a heatmap over a traditional map, or over an hourly, daily and weekly time series
- In addition to footfall volume, it gives insight into the demographic make-up of crowds, including gender and age
- Location-specific information, including the likely base locations of customers.
- Trend and comparison analysis – before and after views
- Large quantity sample-size based on current and actual behaviour (not reported)
- Quick and easily deployed – no infrastructure required
Trends are presented in 200m² areas by demographics such as time, gender and age. It gives a new and powerful hour-by-hour insight into the movement and behaviour of crowds, through an intuitive web-based tool. It determines journeys, locations, dwells, trip type and which mode of transport they used.
Newark and Sherwood District Council
Newark and Sherwood District Council
Going faster with Smart Steps from O2
Like many towns Newark had a traffic congestion problem, which wasn’t only affecting people’s journeys but was also having an impact on local businesses. The Newark and Sherwood District Council needed a solution and the first step was to get the evidence needed to make a case to the County Council and the Highways Agency.
This is where Smart Steps from O2 was able to help. Using anonymised aggregated data from millions of mobile phones, within weeks, Smart Steps delivered detailed information about the movement patterns of vehicles and the profiles of drivers. Thanks to these unique insights, Newark councillors had a compelling case to make, leading to setting a timetable for improving the local transport network.
- The Council had all the evidence they needed within weeks
- Detailed insights included where the traffic was coming from, where it was going, when it was at its peak and when it was quiet
- Profiling analysis showed revealed the demographic profile of road users
- Provided evidence to make a case to the County Council and the Highways Agency
- Led to a timetable being set to solve the traffic problem
Showcases the future of shopping to attract and engage customers
O2 supported Waitrose in developing a conceptual showcase of future technology at an innovation event hosted at their new Swindon store. The event explored and simulated how innovative technology and digital services might be used to improve customers’ in-store experience.
Waitrose chose O2 to help deliver its innovation event hosted in their new branch.
With fixed connectivity restricted by a short lead time, O2 supported Waitrose in ensuring they had the right infrastructure in place to manage the project by boosting the 3G signal for the branch and supporting in-store connectivity with O2 Wifi.
O2’s capability, from partnerships across the UK business and Telefónica globally, creates the opportunity for innovation showcase experiences to be enhanced even further.
Read more here
“We’re always looking for ways to interact with our customers which reflects how they use technology. We have embraced technology both in terms of what it can do to drive efficiency and how it can improve the customer experience.”
Managing Director, Waitrose
- Better connectivity
- Creative interactive experiences
- Improved customer insight and engagement
- An exciting concept branch